Tuesday, September 2, 2008

CC182 Monochromatic for Cassie

My 13 yr old son, Frankie, asked me to make a birthday card for his girlfriend, Cassie. I haven't played along with the challenges on SCS for awhile, so I jumped right in today! The Color Challenge is one of my favorites. I like being pushed out of my comfort zone .... a little bit ....when it comes to card making, anyway!! haha!

Frankie told me that Cassie's favorite color is pink, a girl after my own heart! Don't you just loovveee Cupcakeabella?!?! She's so girly and frilly and fabulous and just begging for glitter.

Sorry the picture isn't the clearest. I think it's almost time for a new camera. Gulp!

I used my Creative Memories Circle Cutting System for the three circles. On the Pixie Pink circle, I used my corner rounder to get the scalloped edge. The card base is Pretty in Pink and has Stampin' Up!'s Cupcake wheel along the bottom in PIP. I used three different kinds of glitter ... Red Romance, Dazzling Diamonds and Chunky Clear ....all SU! The sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages. The White Taffeta Ribbon is from SU! and is scrumptious. It's such a soft ribbon and ties like a dream!!

I don't know about any of you, but I'm so thrilled to have the kids back in school and on a routine!! No more, "I'm bored!" or "He's touching me!" or "What are we doing today?". Those comments make the daily question of, "What's for dinner?", seem like a breeze. Although, the dinner question still annoys me to no end. Sometimes, just sometimes, I miss the days of being little and having dinner made for me!!

Hope you are all enjoying your Tuesday! Thanx for visiting!!

No comments: