Monday, September 8, 2008

FS83 Shoes Change Your Life!


Hello! This was my first Featured Stamper (FS) Challenge over at SCS....woohoo! Yes, I'm a day late. Nothing new for me. haha! The FS this week was Denise (aka card crazy on SCS). Check out Denise's gallery here. She has some incredible work!! I chose this card. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a shoe fanatic ...big time!!! I'm embarassed to say how many shoes I own. Although, in my defense, I wear them all on a regular basis. I just LOVE shoes ... always have... especially high heels. Love, love, love them!! You know what they say, "Vanity over sanity!!" haha!! So, when the new SU! Catty came out, I just had to get the new set called Humor in High Heels. It's a really cute set, with some great sentiments. I just wish that SU! would've used a sexier shoe ...instead of one that looks like it belongs to Minnie Mouse. Not that I don't adore Minnie, but you get my point right?!?

Anyway, the rules are to change at least two things about the card you decide to case. Here are my changes....
  1. I changed the colors.
  2. I changed the stamp set.
  3. I changed the layout, slightly.
I really like how this card turned out! Make sure you check out the FS83 Gallery for some other great cards. Thanx for stopping by!

Recipe:
  • Stamps: Humor in High Heels
  • Ink: Staz-On Black
  • Paper: Bashful Blue, Shimmery White, Brushed Silver, Basic Black, Summer Picnic DSP
  • Acc: White Taffeta Ribbon, Flat-backed Pearls from the Pretties Kit, Lg Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Crystal Effects (on shoe), Sekura Stardust Pen (on "shine" marks above shoe and beads on corners of pillow)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

What a pretty card, Shawn!! hehe That's my hubby's name too! Anywho, your card is so cute and I love shoes too! Just wish I could still walk in high heels! LOL Love the sparkle & ribbon on this card. Nice job!!!

Have a great day!
Wendy

LeAnne said...

Well, just to show you how much I pay attention to shoes, I don't even REMEMBER seeing this set in the catalog! And you're right, they look like Minnie Mouse shoes! But it is a cute card, I love what you've done with it! Adorable!
LeAnne