Monday, September 29, 2008

Joy for Mom

Hello Everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!! We got a lot of rain here in Southeastern Pennsylvania ....BLAH!! I still managed to get a good bit done. My Mom turned 59 yesterday (09/28) and we had a small family celebration at our house. It was really nice to see everyone. We live about 1.5 hrs apart, so we don't see each other that often. Our little nieces, Kayla and Devon, are growing up so fast!!

Here's a small gift that I made for my Mom. I used one of those small 4 x 6 acrylic frames and dressed it up with some SU! DSP, ribbon, pearls and Ice rhinestone; some PTI stamps and a Heidi Swapp Ghost Shape Snowflake that I covered with Stickles.

This took me about 10 minutes to make and I love how it turned out!! It would have been nicer in a "for real" frame, but I didn't have any on hand when the mojo struck me! I'm sure that's happened to most of you before. You just have to create the project in your head when it strikes you .... even if you don't have all the supplies you originally imagined.

Here are some close ups of the pearls and the snowflake. Sorry they are a little bit blurry!!












I also made my Mom about 25 or 30 Christmas cards. Every time I have a Christmas Card SAS (Stamp-a-Stack), I make about 5 extra of each card. That way I had enough to give to my Mom and some for my own personal stash!! Woo Hoo!!

Thanx for visiting!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Love that paper with that sentiment!
LeAnne

Wendy said...

OMGosh....this is beautiful! I love everything about it....the paper, stamp set, ribbon, pearls and those Heidi Swapp Snowflakes! Where ever did you find those snowflakes?
This is just perfect! :)
Wendy

Nicole said...

Very amazing!