Thursday, September 25, 2008

WT185 Charmed Smile ...

The challenge on SCS today is the *Ways to Use It* challenge. Julia challenged us to use charms on our creations ...and if we didn't have any, to make some! Well, believe it or not, I didn't have any charms in my entire craft room ... not a single one!! Shocking, I know! So, I pulled out some Polyshrink ....that SU! used to sell years ago.... and put it to use. It was my first time working with the Polyshrink, so I called on my bestest stampin' buddy LeAnne. After a few quick pointers, I was off and running ....er, stamping! It was quick and easy and I'm hooked!! I stamped the little pumpkin from *Eat, Drink & Be Scary* in black Staz-On, punched it out with the curly label punch and heated it up. If you've never done this before, I can be a bit alarming! The plastic shrivels and curls and looks like you won't be able to use it. But at the last second, it flattens out!! Woohoo! LeAnne gave me a great tip.... when you're done heating the polyshrink, use the side of a wooden block to completely flatten the piece while it's still warm. This worked wonders! Thanx LeAnne!!

Sorry for the blurry photos... it's a crappy, overcast day here in southeastern PA. Can't get a good shot to save my life!!


Here's a side view of the card....


Gotta run to work the concession stand at our High School's soccer game. The parents of the Jr. High boys work during the High School games, so that the High School parents can watch their boys play. Works out nicely!! Go Mules!! (Yes, I said *Mules*... )

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

OMG! THis is too stinkin' cute! I think I am gonna have to get that punch! You are just so clever!
Love it!
LeAnne