Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Make a Wish!

Hey there! Well, the kids had a two-hour delay this morning due to the snow we got yesterday. I enjoy these delays because we can sleep in a little bit, but they still go to school and I can get my work done.

This card turned out so much better than it was in my head! I LOVE when that happens!! {**BIG SMILE**} I made this for one of my co-workers that loves purple. Think this covers her purple obsession?
When I was making this card, I remembered the Decorative Trimmer I ordered from Creative Memories a couple of years ago. I just had to have it ....and this is the first time I used it. Shame, shame....I know!! Now seriously, don't tell me that you haven't done the same thing ....ordered a "HAVE TO HAVE IT" stamp set, paper, embellishment, etc and then let it sit for a long time before breaking it in!?!?! All I know is ...now that I've used it, I will use it very often in the future. It's a great tool!! And, I think it adds so much pizazz to the card.

Here's a close-up of the glitter I used on the cupcake and the Bellas dress. I love using glitter to spice things up ...on cards, of course! heehee!!

I'll be back with the card recipe later this afternoon. Gotta run! Stay warm and thanx for visiting!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG, I love the shape of this card. I am a big fan of bellas, and you took this card to the next level...fantastic!!!!

mrsmillar said...

I absolutely love this card! Do you have the recipe? What stamp set is this? Thanks!