Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Do the Humpty Hump!!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!! Now you'll have that old 80's song stuck in your head ...hahaha!! Sorry!! Blushy 2

This card kinda took on a life of it's own. I made this for my MIL's 60th (obviously) birthday. I CASEd this card from Vera on SCS. Here is her card. I'm afraid the patterns took over a bit on my version!! This Bella Rose DSP from SU! has always reminded me of my MIL, though. She used to have this gorgeous comforter with these huge cabbage roses on it. Remember when they were all the rage?!? Back in the early 90's. Anyway, it is what it is .... hope she liked it!!



We had a surprise party for her at my SIL's house. It was really fun!! She knew something was up, but thought it was later in the day. So, we almost surprised her. It was a really fun party. There was a great mix of people there, too.....work friends, neighbors, "old" friends and family. My SIL really out did herself with some awesome little quiches. Delish!! Everything looked great and the food was fabulous. My MIL, JoAnn, is so fun to do things for ...she's the best "gift receiver" ...if you know what I mean. She is so grateful and enthusiastic!! One year, for Christmas, I made her a cross-stitch of an Amish Quilting party. I spent a couple of months working on it and then had it framed. JoAnn cried when she opened it!! Let me tell you..... that was worth all the hours of work I put into that cross-stitch. Not that I wanna make her cry!!! But she also does cross-stitch, so she knows the time it took. As far as MILs go, I hit the jackpot!! I've known the O'Connell family since I was 11 years old ... that's 27 years!!! GULP!!! JoAnn's been like a mother to me! I'm so blessed to have them all in my life.

Okay, enough sentimental blithering! Sorry!! I could go on and on and on......

Have a great Wednesday! Do your best ...that's all anyone can ask for, right?!? Post you tomorrow....thanx for visiting!!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

How sweet! What a great card and fun way to surprise & celebrate your MIL!
Hugs,
LeAnne