Sunday, April 19, 2009

Good Sunday Morning! Have you guys seen the gorgeous new sets from PTI?!?! My order should be here in a couple of days. I got the new Tea for Two set from Nichole, as well as the Scattered Showers and Background Basics: Spots & Dots. I cannot wait to tear into them!!! Check out the new sets at Papertrey Ink. Prepare to fall in love!



This card was done for one of my dearest friend's, Tammy's, daughter. Molly turned NINE on April 2nd. Seems like yesterday that I was visiting Tammy in the hospital back in 2000!!! I know I say it often, but where is all this time going so quickly?!?!






I had a blast making this card. Recently, I have gotten into using chipboard letters and numbers. I love covering them with DSP or embossing them. There are many sheets of chipboard in my stash .... have been for a few years.... this is the first that I've used them. Shame, shame, I know! You can be sure I will be getting them out more and more. I really like the touch they add to a card. Only bummer is that they require extra postage when mailing. But what's another 20 cents?!? I mean really, in the scheme of things .... 20 cents isn't going to make or break me! haha!! I used the Round Tab punch to create a mat for the bunny image. I punched two tabs in Pumpkin Pie, cut them each in half and taped them to the back of the circle to create a pinwheel/flower look. I've never tried this before, but like how it turned out. Those punches are priceless!!

Thanx so much for stopping by! Enjoy your Sunday!!

What's In It?
Stamps: Animal Crakers
Paper: Wild Wasabi (retired), Jersey Shore DSP (retired), Pumpkin Pie, WW

Ink: Staz-On Black, Pumpkin Pie marker

ACC: SU! Chipboard Number, White taffeta ribbon, Round Tab punch, flat-backed pearls from Pretties Kit, Primas, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, our tastes are SO alike---I have been coveting those PTI sets from the minute I set eyes on them! So cute--I will have to make a trip to Qville when they arrive!
This card is awesome--I hope she liked it!! Still haven't gotten into the CB, but I have a lot of it too!