Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Green Beer ..... In April?!?

No, I haven't lost it ...although the jury's still out on that one! I made this card ....or a similar verison of it.. for a co-worker (hey Mike!) back in March. His birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. The original card was mailed on March 11th, to allow for plenty of delivery time. Mike never got the card! GULP!!! The horror!! Electric After all that time and energy and paper and ink. Sob!!!Teary


Well, it turned out to be okay in the end. Why? Because the second card I made turned out even better!! Woohoo!!


I wish I would've moved the bear and the circle down a bit more, but other than that, I'm happy with how it turned out. The bear is stamped twice...once on Close to Cocoa and once on Creamy Caramel. The bear's nose/mouth is popped up on dimensionals. The beer is stamped on vellum cardstock and then embossed with clear EP. Then I used Liquid Applique for the foam on top of the beer. I even let it dry overnight before using the heat gun to puff it up!! Patience has never been my thing, but this time it was worth the wait.

Gotta run! Thanx for visiting!!

What's In It:
Stamps: Under the Stars, Cheers to You
Paper: Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Naturals White
Ink: Staz-On Black, Versamark
Acc: Liquid Applique, Heat Gun, Clear EP, Hemp Twine, Neutrals Eyelet, Dimensionals

No comments: