Sunday, April 26, 2009

One, Two, Three...

Last month my cousin Bob's son, Nicholas, turned three. Bob and his family live in Plano, TX so we rarely see each other. In fact, I've never met Nicholas! Bob's Mom ...my Aunt Sandy.... lives in Memphis, TN. She is one of my bestest friends!! I can always turn to her for advice, a laugh, a shoulder to cry on, or a kick in the butt when I know I need it!! In fact, my Aunt Sandy is the person who got me hooked on sending cards. As a little girl, I LOVED getting mail....what little kid doesn't, right?!? Aunt Sandy always lived far away (I think she said they moved 19 times in 23 years, or something close to that). Even though we weren't physically close, I've always shared a very close bond with her. My Mom has even commented that I have some of my Aunt Sandy's traits. I should be so lucky, as she's someone I'd like to be when I grow up. Of course, she and I would both have to agree to grow up in the first place!! haha!!




The inspiration for this card came from page 72 of the Spring & Summer catty. I loved the colors they used on the dinosaur card, as well as the big circles along the bottom. I didn't have any small chipboard numbers, so I had to use a "big" number. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Although I've been collecting (read "hoarding") chipboard for quite some time, I've only recently begun to use it. Shame, shame!! I LOVE IT! It really adds some pizazz to the card. I hope Nicholas loved getting some fun mail and that he had a great birthday!!

Hope you all have a great Sunday! Thanx for visiting!!

No comments: