Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On my way to Cape May ...on Hump Day!

Hello! Happy Hump Day!! I'm heading to Cape May, NJ today for my company's Annual Project Manager Summit. Woohoo!! Can't wait to see everyone again! Most of us work remotely (from home) and are spread across the United States. Although we talk and email often, it's great to get together face-to-face. This year our Manager wanted to focus on Team Building, so she rented a house in Cape May ...instead of the usual individual hotel rooms we would have. This way, we will be together all day/night ...cook meals together.....etc. Should be fun! A bit torturous, since we'll be just blocks from the beach, but will be working all day. *sigh!*
However, I'd rather be at the beach and working, then at home working.

Tanny

I know, I know... you came to see a card. Sorry!! You know I love to "talk". Just can't help myself. *grin*



This adorable sock monkey was made for my youngest nephew, Ben. He turned TWO WHOLE HANDS (10) back in the beginning of May. For his birthday, he wanted to have all the family over and play kickball. About 5 years ago, we started playing kickball at my SIL Kelly's house during the nice weather. The kids love it ...almost as much as us adults!! I have always loved playing kickball ...since I was in 1st grade!!

Again, on with the card info... sorry!! Embarrassed 1

I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the Pumpkin Pie cardstock so it looks like a kickball (playground ball). Then I used my xacto knife to make a slit along the monkey's arm, so I could slide the little kickball under his arm. Too cute!!

Don't have time for ingredients today (again). Please leave a comment if you have any questions.

As always, thanx for visiting my little corner of blog land! Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by!! Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Have fun--don't worry about not going to the beach, it's gonna rain all week anyway!
This so cute....you're so dang creative! I was hoping some of it would have rubbed off on me yesterday!
See ya soon!

Denise said...

Love the kickball idea - so fun!

birkin bag said...

That is really a nice idea.